Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Baby Girl

Black top, blue sky, big town full of little white lies.
Well, everybody’s your friend: you can never be sure.
They'll promise fancy cars and diamond rings, all sorts of shiny things,
But, girl, you’ll remember what your knees are for.


I've been hearing this song for a couple years now, and every time I just can't help but interpret that last line as a mother counseling her daughter that the way to get ahead in Nashville is to give lots of blow jobs. Which: Possibly true, but possibly also not great parenting.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I think it's supposed to be advice to NOT try to get ahead by giving lots of blowjobs. That's how I always took it anyway.

blaine_fridley said...

are your sure mom isn't consulting a young keith urban?

Unknown said...

I recommend she invests in her future... by getting her teeth pulled.
These days a gummy is hard to come by.

Unknown said...

Oh that is sooo funny Ben! I always new I had to be misinterpreting that line, but then I couldn't think of a better alternative. It just makes so much sense... I mean it may not be the BEST way to get ahead in Nashville, but I'm sure its one of the quickest. It just goes to show the difference between men and women. I guarantee a man would have never written that line because he would of seen jokes like this coming.